Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Altered Picture Frame

Designer: Helen Angel-Cullum
Well I have a few old frames that I saved from the bin and this project got me to actually use one. I also incorporated a picture that I made some time last year and never framed. I don't have access to a craft shop around here for a new alterable frame, but isn't that what crafting is all about? Using things around the house as well?
went from
to








using tissue paper and pva glue.
Pitchblack, Aubergine, Pesto and Cranberry alcohol inks daubed on and metalic rub on paste on the outside
chip board cut to size. Painted with gesso then grey acrylic paint. Stamps from Smeared Ink and Cherry Pie stamped with Stazon.
The black roses were made using 2 different types of black paper. Glued on using pinflair glue (like a silicon but no smell).

All this to showcase one of the best love poems ever written (in my eyes anyway).

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Helen, Love this! That poem is so wonderful for art :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by our online craft magazine and leaving some love! Be sure to come back often for creative inspiration. We only ask that you give credit where credit is due. Have a blessed day!